Your Home As A Church Glory – How We Embrace Christ
- Review memory verse of the week.
- Share your own Spiritual Journey. Recruit 3rd-year members to share their journey next week.
- Discuss spiritual accountability. Try to help your JG understand and value accountability. They may have anxiety about being asked direct questions. Try to reassure them that discussions are confidential and tend toward encouragement, not shame.
- Discuss “Why Pray?”. Help your JG understand the purpose and power of prayer of developing a daily habit of prayer.
- Discuss part 1 of The Answer. Ask the JG if they’ve ever thought about Glory this way before. Ask if it affected the way they think about relating to Christ. Ask someone to share something they may have journaled in the Accountability section.
- Discuss some of the equipping questions. Ask your JG to share any thoughts or questions they may have written down. Ask them what they learned about Christ from John 1 & Colossians 1. Share 1 or 2 of your own insights. Try to model enthusiasm about reading God’s Word for those who are new to the Bible. Help them see the Bible as an accessible and understandable book.
- Introduce the concept of missional living and the purpose of life-on-life missional discipleship – to develop mature and equipped followers of Christ for the lost world. Note what Jesus’ mission is – to make the gospel known to all people through word (sharing the gospel) and deed (demonstrating the gospel). The purpose of the Mission section of The Journey is to help transform Truth, Equipping, Accountability, and Supplication into a missional life.
- Give your Journey Group an idea of how the Mission section will progress during the year.