The Journey is a proven discipleship curriculum that will help you
develop mature and equipped followers of Christ.
What is The Journey?
The Journey is a Gospel centered resource for discipleship that is designed to help a disciple maker develop mature and equipped followers of Christ, who will be able to do the same with others.
The material is designed to be used over one year in a discipleship group setting. There are three different years of material identified as Green, Red, and Blue. With a subscription to one year of the curriculum you will have access to a downloadable PDF and other digital resources for one year.
The digital files include a mixed media offering of written, audio, and video materials.
What topics are covered in The Journey?
The topics covered in The Journey have been selected because of their foundational importance in developing a mature and equipped follower of Christ. View an overview of the three years of curriculum here.
How do I get the most out of The Journey?
The Journey was written in a way that requires group members to study each lesson outside of the group time before attending the group. During the group, leaders do not simply go through each question, but they seek to draw out what God has been doing in the lives of the group members as they’ve studied on their own. Remember, the Journey is not discipleship, but it is an incredible tool for life-on-life missional discipleship. The author’s video below will explain in greater detail.
What is life-on-life missional discipleship?
Life-on-life missional discipleship is laboring in the lives of a few with the intention of imparting one’s life, God’s Word and the gospel in such a way as to see them become mature and equipped followers of Christ, committed to doing the same in the lives of others.
The Journey is a resource that is used in the context of life-on-life missional discipleship. To learn more about developing a discipleship movement in your church see
How is The Journey structured?
Each weekly unit is structured in a T.E.A.M.S. format, incorporating each of the following elements. T.E.A.M.S. stands for Truth, Equipping, Accountability, Mission and Supplication.
- Truth – This is the Bible. God’s word is the foundation for each unit.
- Equipping – Massaging the truth until it becomes understandable and useable.
- Accountability – Involves the “one anothering” of Scripture. Both “encouraging one another towards love and good deeds” as well as lovingly confronting sin in one anothers lives to bring about gospel-motivated transformation.
- Mission – Taking on the mission of Jesus to seek and to save the lost in ministries of both word and deed, explaining the gospel and meeting people’s needs.
- Supplication – Praying for each other and with each other; learning how and why we praying while also experiencing the impact of prayer in the world and in our lives.
What is included when I purchase one year of The Journey?
- Digital Download of 28 weekly units each following the T.E.A.M.S. structure.
- Additional messages and materials that will help to address specific issues more deeply
- A practical guide for developing a habit for personal worship
- Suggested verses for your groups scripture memory focus
- Tools to help you clarify and communicate your personal faith Journey
- Missional assignments to move you and your group towards sharing the Gospel
- Weekly resources for leaders to provide equipping as you use the materials
Which color should I start on?
The Journey has been designed so that it can be used in any order (Red/Blue/Green). Most importantly you should be sure you are purchasing the same color as the rest of your discipleship group and/or church. However, the majority of users this year will be using Green. If your group or your church is able to start this year with Green, you will have an enhanced experience by being in a larger community of users focusing on this content this year.
Who should purchase The Answer and Life Issues Books?
Over the course of the year, your Journey group will work to become more missional. The Answer and the Life Issues Books are tools that you will use to help you share your faith with others. We hope that each year, you will have had the opportunity to engage with others over the Gospel with these tools. If that is the case, you will need additional copies next year.
Who wrote The Journey?
The Journey was written by Randy Pope, the founding pastor of Perimeter Church and Life on Life Ministries. The Journey is distributed by Life on Life Ministries – to learn more about Life on Life visit the organization’s website here.
To allow you to get a feel for The Journey before making a purchase, we have developed a Sample Pack that will give you a feeling for how each Section and weekly Unit will be. In the Sample Pack, you will get two sample weekly Units, and an overview sheet showing a 3 year overview of the entire curriculum.