Accepting Suffering, Part 1 Accepting Suffering, Part 3
- Review the memory verse of the week, and talk about how it relates to the Truth section
- Review the Pentateuch, Historical books, Poetic books, Major and Minor Prophets of the Old Testament.
- Include time for one or two JG members to recite all 66 books of the Bible.
- TRUTH AND EQUIPPING – This week your discussion on suffering should focus on the following points. You can open your discussion with the 4th equipping question.
- In order to embrace the hope and promise of a future glory, despite the hardships and temptations of the present world, you need to know that God loves you unconditionally, and that only Christ can truly satisfy.
- When Christ returns, believers and all of creation will be spiritually and physically set free from the futility and frustration brought by The Fall. (Romans 8:19-23)
- The freedom and glory that Christians hope for at Christ’s second coming are dependent on the suffering He endured in His first coming. (Romans 8:23)
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Allow time for smaller groups of 2 or 3 to ask accountability questions, and pray for one another.
- MISSION – Continue the discussion of helping people investigate Christianity using the Life Issues booklets as a tool for making the gospel known. Discuss the question, “Do Non-Christians Really Deserve Eternal Punishment?” from the second Life Issues booklet.